It’s been a while since I posted a recipe. The last one was for Yummy Chocolate Balls.
pr0vidence gave us this recipe a ways back and I’ve finally found it again. It’s too good to lose, so I’m posting it here
pr0vidence’s Awesome Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 stick unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp backing soda
1 cup old fashioned oats, ground for 30 seconds in a food processor
1-1/2 cups old fashioned oats (not ground)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, and backing soda together in a bowl
- Beat in the eggs
- Once all that is well mixed, add the ground oats, oats, and chocolate chips
- Combine well
- Scoop out a rough tablespoon at a time and drop onto parchment paper (or foil) on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 13 minutes!
- Allow to cool at least 5 minutes for them to firm up before eating
When you pull them out of the oven after the 13 minutes, they do not look done, and will be almost liquid. This is normal and expected. They will firm up to done-ness as they cool.
This is also why using parchment paper (or foil) is useful. You can grab the parchment paper and slide the molten cookies off the cookie sheet onto the wire rack all at once. Fast and simple and cuts down on the mess.